Keep an old tradition afloat
To create a space where like-minded individuals with passion and knowledge of Make and Break engines come together to share their stories, to educate and identify resources in a heritage based niche community.
To establish a working group within our community and beyond. Involvement can be at varied levels including full membership.
- sharing of historical information
- educate/assist members
- create a database of information relating to existing Make and Break engines and parts with special focus on current functioning vessels
- documenting preventative maintenance and safe operation of these engines
- identifying methods of interpreting such information to the general public
- engage in activities to support the preservation of Make and Break engines
Initiative, support and administration comes from within the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. This does not restrict non-Museum employees in lead roles.
- Members must be sixteen years of age and older.
- Ownership of Make and Break engines or parts is not necessary to join the club.
- Annual Membership Fee of $20.00 to participate.
- Current membership benefits include promotional t-shirt and basic information package.
- Members can obtain 10% Discount on Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic Seasonal Passes.
- Can attend regular scheduled meetings.
- Members will be the recipient of information on ongoing basis.
- Members can have input and involvement on special projects.
Keep In Touch
The Club will communicate activities and information through the various methods:
- Regular Meetings
- Special Events
- Museum Interpretive Information
- Currently Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic website
- Museum networks
- Partnerships & Links
- Salt Store Gift Shop