Although we still have much work to do to be fully accessible, we do offer the following and welcome you to the museum. We will update this page as we make improvements.
- Designated accessible parking spaces
- There is a drop off spot near the entrance to the museum
- Three accessible washrooms
- Galleries on the second and third floor are accessible via an elevator
- Spacious exhibits with wide pathways
- Seating available in select locations throughout the facility
- Fire alarms include auditory and visual signals
- Two wheelchairs available for visitor use (first-come, first serve)
- The Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic is proud to be an Aira Access Partner.
The Boat Shop
The Boat Shop is approximately a 10min walk from the museum. There is a steep grade at the entrance and visitors using mobility devices or pushing strollers may find this challenging or inaccessible. The museum is working to address this barrier and we will provide an update as changes are made.
We will update this page as we make improvements.